- Transferring to a Montana University System institution has been streamlined by articulation agreements and transfer policies. With advance planning our Associate Degrees can transfer seamlessly to Montana University System schools.
- Transferring to a private college or to a university out of state requires more research, planning, and working with both a faculty advisor and the transfer advisor.
- Students should plan early so that all lower division requirements are met to help with a smooth transfer.
- It is important to know that baccalaureate requirements vary among universities and although many transfer agreements exist, the granting of credits is determined by the receiving institution.
- Lower division general education requirements can be met in four ways before transferring. All general education courses must be completed with a C- or better some programs may require specific minimum GPA’s.
- By completing an AA or AS degree
- Completing the 31 credits of the FVCC core
- Completing the 30 credits of the Montana University System Core
- Completing at least 20 credits of the MUS core and take the rest at the transfer institution
If you want a smooth transfer from FVCC making an appointment with Transfer Advisor Russ Lamson should be at the top of your to-do list. Russ provides a full range of advising and transfer services for students entering or leaving FVCC.
- Students transferring college credits to FVCC should get all official transcripts sent to the admission office for evaluation before seeing Russ.
- Students transferring from the MUS system can submit the Transfer Transmittal form to admissions.
- Advice on General Education Requirements and major prerequisites for in state and out of state schools. Early planning is extremely important for out of state schools.
- Clarifies articulation agreements, shares steps for timely transfer, program requirements, contact information, and required forms.
- Helps you choose the college or university that is best for you.
- Coordinates transfer trips to meet with advisors and to register early with UM and MSU.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 756-3880 or stop by the Learning Resource Building, room 129.