Media Services maintains a diverse media library. Acquisitions meet specific instructional needs of faculty and the purchase of new titles is based primarily on requests and recommendations from faculty. The collection is currently over 2500 titles and includes VHS video, DVDs, 35mm slide sets, audio cassette tapes, reel-to-reel cassette tapes (only 5 titles), compact discs, CD-ROMs, 16mm films, laser discs, and long-playing album formats.
- Holdings may be searched or viewed by using the Montana Shared Catalog.
- To search for titles that are only found in the Media Center collection, choose “Advanced Search” and select “Media Center” as the location.
Circulation Rules: The Media Center collection is not available for general circulation, unlike the FVCC library’s video collection.
- An FVCC Library card is required to check out all materials.
- Only FVCC employees may check out video materials. Typical circulation period is 7 days –with a $0.50/day fine for overdue materials.
- Students and the general public may watch any title in the Media Center’s collection on campus by making an appointment with Media Center staff to use the viewing room, located in Media Center (LRC 118) — 10 chairs, data and video projection through projector. Students may request to use a video from the library for presentation in class and Media Services staff will deliver that material to the classroom on presentation day.
- Faculty may request to have materials charged on their library cards and placed in their mailboxes rather than come to the Media Center office for pick up.
- Materials may be returned to the Media Center’s office, the Media Center’s mailbox in the mail room, or left in the drop box outside the Media Center office in the Learning Resource Center (LRC 117).