The Industrial Machine Technology program provides instruction in the theory and operation of mills and lathes, both manual and CNC, other tools related to the machinist trade, and associated programming. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Apply quantitative skills in conjunction with trade handbook information to solve problems;
- Effectively communicate during the problem solving process;
- Use tools and equipment to form and machine various materials in a manufacturing laboratory environment;
- Describe precision measurement and quality control procedures;
- Use various precision measuring tools including a coordinate measuring machine;
- Demonstrate advanced machining operations that are performed on CNC machines, and also Swiss CNC machines;
- Produce advanced programs using G code; and
- Demonstrate advanced techniques that are used on manual mills and lathes.
Want to learn more about our online options?
Many of the courses in this program are available as online hybrid courses (meaning they have both an online and hands-on lab component). With our online options, you can:
- Fit courses into your schedule
- Learn online from anywhere
- Attend online sections anytime, 24-7
[gravityform id=”148″ title=”false” description=”true”]