(Also offered at Lincoln County Campus)
The following curriculum develops the competencies needed for success as an entry-level bookkeeper and may serve as the basis for further courses leading toward a full-charge bookkeeper. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Understand different types of business organizations;
- Understand the internal control structure of a business organization;
- Prepare financial statements according to generally accepted accounting standards;
- Complete tasks for the accounting cycle using general ledger accounting software;
- Communicate financial information effectively within a business environment; and
- Record financial transactions in a manual and computerized general ledger.