Specific skills learned in this program include graphic design methodologies, such as the design process, output production, and presentation. Photography, design, drawing and video editing are core competencies. The students will learn Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere. In addition, students will spend the second year learning web design and development. Students will also have a solid foundation in creating marketing plans, and writing contracts. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate skills, techniques, and manipulation of tools and equipment necessary for studio graphic design that meet industry standards;
- Interpret and incorporate formal elements of design into digital images;
- Know and understand the impact of graphic communications on society;
- Design and develop professional websites; and
- Create a digital and print portfolio reflecting knowledge, techniques, and creativity gained during the student’s course of study.